Sunday, November 23, 2008

the original

Hey,

Falafel is one of the oldest sandwiches in the world, it is a vegetarian favorite, and it is incredibly delicious.  The only problem is that so far LA has offered me little in this department.  So as of now, I am starting a new quest to find this city's best Falafel. 

The first place I found was Falafel-Arax in little Armenia (Normandie and Santa Monica).  The sandwich was $4.50 and it was made very simply: falafel, tomatoes, lettuce, hummus all wrapped in pita.  This was my first decent middle eastern bite in 2 years*.  The falafel had great texture and flavor and everything blended well.  The trouble is that the sandwich is on the smaller side and it is pretty basic.

Falafel-Arax is a small lunch counter type place that only takes cash, but if you are in the area and need a solid snack/meal than this place is a can't miss.

The search continues.  I am hoping to find a Jewish run falafel joint because I love the Israeli salad that usually comes wrapped inside.


Onward


*first decent bite in LA, unlike SF  

No comments: