Monday, May 10, 2010

the big dipper

Hey,

It was both of my roommates b-days this week. We went Cole's downtown to celebrate.
Cole's claims to be the originator of the French Dip. I'm sure Philippe has something to say about that.
Beyond the famous sandwiches, Cole's makes a mean cocktail. A few samplings from the table. Moscow Mule (above).
A real Daiquiri.

Old Fashioned, with Bourbon. Perfectly made.
I let the kids enjoy the dips while I had a Caesar Salad, Mac n Cheese, some of those amazing Atomic Pickles. And another drink.
Honestly, the sandwiches looked awesome. Sometimes I do miss it.
A piece of Coconut Cream Pie to end a top notch evening. I wish it was someone's birthday everyday.



Wish

2 comments:

Roo said...

It is someone's bday everyday... just not always someone you know :) I hope you ate some of the spicy garlic fries... i have to say those were the highlight for me!!

Bruno said...

I had some. They were very good.