Tuesday, March 9, 2010

double dip

Hey,

Yesterday, Becky and I ventured downtown to Loose Leaf for lunch. Build your own Salad is the name of the game. Tons of choices and nearly 44 billion different permutations. I went with the base of Mixed Greens, Tofu for my premium, added Onion, Red Pepper, Chickpeas, Olives, Tomatoes with their Avocado Dressing.
It was pretty good. It was also $10. No reason to make a special trip here but if you're in the area and you're fiending for a Cobb done just the way you like it, then enjoy.

That night we made out way to Pho Cafe in Silverlake. This joint has no sign or name on it so just play it cool like you've been there before or the regulars might kill and eat you.

A simple menu offers various Springs Rolls, Pho, Noodles and Beer. We split some crispy Rolls and each had a Pho (Veggie for me and Steak for the lady).
It was great. I love Soup in all forms and this was no exception. Add in a little Sriracha and you're in business.

About 6 minutes later.
I was done. Becky still had a ways to go.

Nice clean flavors, fast service and big ass bowls of Soup. What else could you ask for?


Bring cash

2 comments:

Danielle Charboneau said...

Dig yer blog homey! First time I've been on- xx Dee

Bruno said...

Thanks. I saw one of your raw posts earlier. Kudos.