Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Origin

A few months ago I was at this Mexican place called 'Burrito King' (the corner of Sunset and Alvarado).  I eat at this place a lot because it is cheap, open late, and very close to my house.  This particular evening I was out with some friends and we decided to stop there are grab a quick bite after a party.  
 
Our food comes out the window and we dig in.  I am halfway through my #1 style Veggie Burrito when I bite down on something unnaturally chewy.  My first thought was that it must have been a piece of steak or some other gross meat that snuck into my late night dinner.  

I stopped eating and found the problem. 
It was a rubber band.  
A rubber band in my Burrito.

I did not even know how to respond. At first, I was glad it wasn't meat but then I couldn't decide if this was somehow worse.  Even though I don't eat steak, at least it is food.  Not some office supply.  

Needless to say, I took the rubber band out and finished my food.  I never told my fellow diners because I didn't want to ruin their meal.  

Since this incident, I have eaten there at least another 6 times without finding any other 'prizes' at the bottom of my food.

Good times.

-Bruno

No comments: