Wednesday, July 29, 2009

under the bridge

Hey,

We signed our lease for another year in Echo Park.  I'm pumped.  This area has blessed me with tons of great eats.

Today I went to Ostioneria Colima No 2.  A Mexican Seafood stand located directly next to the Alvarado freeway ramp.  I know what you're thinking.  And no, I did not need to call ahead for a reservation.  

I ordered at the window.  The wall boasts menus in both Spanish and English.  My Shrimp and Octopus Cocktail was fantastic.  So fresh and flavorful.  The perfect hot day treat.  I rounded out the meal with a Ceviche Tostada and a Sprite.  Nothing like eating tentacle while listening to the soothing hum of speeding traffic.  It's almost like being at a Mexican version of NASCAR or the Kentucky Derby.  

Next time I'll have to try their Seven Seas Soup that looked just like a bowl of deep water happiness.    


Scuba

No comments: